Legal & Advocacy Documents
Legislation on 112
- "112 and the EU Legislative Framework" Operations document (2013)
- Universal Service Directive (2009)
- Universal Service Directive (2009) - Main elements pertaining to 112 and emergency services
- Regulation (EC) on roaming on public mobile telephone networks (2009)
- Directive on privacy and electronic communications (2002)
- Universal Service Directive (2002)
- Open Network Provision (ONP) Directive (1998)
- Council decision on the Introduction of a single European Emergency Number (1991)
legislation on 112 eCall
- Proposal for a Decision on the deployment of the interoperable EU-wide eCall (2013)
- Proposal for a Regulation concerning type-approval requirements for the deployment of the eCall in-vehicle system (2013)
- Joint paper by Google, Microsoft and EENA on emergency calls and OTTs in the contect of the European Electronic Communications Code (EECC) debate.
- EENA's response to the European Commission's Public Consultation on a proposal for a mandatory Transparency Register
- EENA's response to the European Commission's Public consultation on the evaluation and the review of the regulatory framework for electronic communications networks and services (for the European Commission's full report that includes EENA's response, please click here)
- EENA's reply to the Public Consultation on draft BEREC Report on equivalent access and choice for disabled end-users – BOR (15) 135
- EENA's reply to the Public Consultation on the draft BEREC Report on Over The Top (OTT) services - BoR (15) 142
- EENA's reply to the Public Consultation on Draft Report on Enabling the Internet of Things– BOR (15) 141
- EENA's reply to the ECC Public Consultation and Draft Report on Caller Location in support of Emergency Services (2014)
- EENA's Position Paper on the use of the Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) to determine caller location in the context of 112 emergency calls (2014)
- 112 and emergency services - Input to the Own-Initiative Report on Universal Service and 112 (2011)
- EENA's Position Paper on NOVES - Non-Voice Emergency Services (2011)
- EENA's Position Paper on Caller Location (2010)
- EENA's reply to the Commission's consultation on eCall (2010)
- EENA's reply to the Commission's questionnaire for the public consultation on universal service principles in e-communications (2010)
Please click here to read the parliamentary questions for the 2009-2015 period.
More details on the questions (i.e. thematic categorisation, and per MEP) are available here.
European Parliament's Resolution
Question for oral answer
Question for oral answer to the European Commission by 150 MEPs:
Please click here to read the European Parliament's written declarations for the 2007-2008 period.