Office Manager & Events Support
EENA is looking for an Office Manager who will be responsible for organising all administrative and logistics activities that facilitate the smooth running of the office. He/she will also support EENA Events Coordinator in the framework of EENA events organisation.
The position is multidisciplinary and requires flexibility and adaptation to a rather small but quickly growing NGO environment.
Missions & Responsibilities
Office logistics & administrative tasks
- Recording office and events expenditures e.g. using Expensify to track receipts/invoices
- Organising the office layout and maintaining supplies of stationery and equipment;
- Maintaining the condition of the office and arranging for necessary repairs;
- Making payments to our suppliers
- Encoding contacts in our CRM (Efficy)
- EP badges renewals and similar tasks
Invoicing and accountancy
- Raising invoices
- Making sure EENA gets paid
- Arranging financial paperwork of the office e.g. preparation of all documentation for the accountant
- Booking flights, hotel rooms, taxis, restaurants…etc
- Responding to telephone and pro-actively providing information when basic request. Liaising with relevant EENA staff when more complex requests, decision making needed, …etc
- Training (basic tools used at EENA) of new staff;
- Scheduling team update meetings, setting up the meeting room and taking notes
- Setting up the meeting room when meetings scheduled at the office
- Welcoming guests coming at the office
- Supporting colleagues in organising and managing webinars e.g. launching webinars, logistic support before, during, after the webinar
- Supporting the Events Coordinator all along the events organisation process.
- Improve management of administrative activities and logistics
- Be the support person on whom EENA staff can rely
- Contribute to well-being and happiness at the office
- Fluent in French and English;
- Very organised & strong attention to details;
- Highly reliable;
- Business with people oriented;
- Eager to continuously learn;
- IT skills: Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook…etc); Experienced use of Customers Relationships Management tools; Strong interest in IT in general a plus;
- Accountancy skills;
- Committed to the objectives of EENA and citizens’ rights;
- Based in Brussels;
- Start in July/August 2017
- 6-month contract that will lead to a permanent contract depending on performance;
- Package to be discussed depending on experience and profile. Includes” tickets restaurant”, mobile phone contract, EENA credit card, DKV full insurance (including hospitalisation + combo “ambulatoire” & “dentaire”);
- Office hours are Monday to Friday, 9.30 am to 6.00 pm.
Applications (CV + cover letter) should be sent to Jérôme PÂRIS (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the 5th June.
Due to the expected high number of applications, please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted between 12th and 16th June for a first round of interviews to be held between 19th and 30th June.