Four months ago, European emergency services marched to Brussels! Why?
Around 100 EENA Members worked for 2 days on 12 workshops coming up with recommendations on all emergency response essentials. On day 3, they met with their Members of the European Parliament to discuss their concerns about the future of the 112 service. The events concluded with a pan-European march in honour victims of terrorism and in support of emergency services where rescuers, politicians, victims and citizens marched together and sent a strong message: we can #makeEUsafe.
Following the event, EENA published a report detailing the workshops' next steps agreed by EENA Members. EENA committed to regular updates on the status. Today, we are happy to announce the publication of the first update of the “EENA Members Workshop” report.
Take a look on the progress of the 12 workshops and at what still needs to be done to contribute to #makeEUsafe!
List of workshops:
- eCall & TPS eCall – Remaining issues
- EENA's start-up programme & how emergency services can benefit from it
- Deploying AML – Lessons learnt
- NG112 – What can you deploy today?
- Social media in emergency management
- The future of AML
- PEMEA & 112 apps
- Drones for public safety
- Public warning & crisis communications preparedness
- Cybersecurity & public safety
- Virtual Operations Support Teams – VOST
- AED Mapping