CALLER LOCATION, SOCIAL MEDIA, EMERGENCY APPS, & MORE: FINAL UPDATE ON ‘EENA MEMBERS WORKSHOP 2015’ ACTIONS
ABOUT THE EVENT
The EENA Members Workshop took place in October 2015. For 2 days, EENA Members worked in 15 workshops on technical, operational and legal topics related to the emergency services field.
After the event, EENA published a report summarising the work of EENA Members, as well as the agreed next steps.
We committed to update our members on the status of these next steps and the progress made. After the first 2 updates, we are happy to announce the publication of the third and last ‘EENA Members Workshop’ update!
Take a look at each of the 15 workshops and learn about all the latest developments in the hottest topics in emergency services.
Find the Report on the RELATED PRESS RELEASES sidebar.
* For optimal quality, we encourage you to download the report to your computer.
- VoIP access to 112
- Private Networks
- Multichannel accessibility
- eCall and TPS eCall
- 112 Apps: What public authorities need to do
- Transnational call database
- Geographic Information System – GIS
- Internet of Things and M2M
- Advanced Mobile Location (AML) deployment
- NG112 transition: What should PSAPs do?
- Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems and the emergency services
- Advanced Mobile Location (AML) V2
- NG112 Communications plugtest
- Social Media communications during emergencies: Authority to Citizen
- Article 26 – Universal Service Directive