|The Portuguese people are famous for taking coffee breaks. In the morning, in the afternoon or at the end of the day. There are no rules.|
Just between us, many times the expression “let’s have a coffee” is an excuse for us to pause and chitchat.
This is the objective of this newsletter: a triweekly energy boost on EENA’s updates and a recap of what happened in our community for you to read over a coffee.
|Too much caffeine? One more spoon of sugar?Let us know your thoughts at [email protected]|
|Organic coffee ☕️|
EENA’s latest work (homemade in our Belgian office)
– EENA’s Blog: NG112 interoperability testing: from Europe to USA
– EENA’s Blog: Inside the emergency call centre: designing a PSAP
–Event (27-29 April): NG112: From theory to reality’ virtual event – Draft programme and registration available
–News: Review of the roaming regulation: Important provisions on 112
|To be served soon 🍽️|
Upcoming EENA activities
– 6 April (15.00 CET): Webinar on emergency communications reforms in Bulgaria. Add to Calendar
– 4 May (15.00 CET): Webinar on emergency communications reforms in France. Add to Calendar
– 18 May (15.00 CET): Webinar on emergency communications reforms in the Netherlands. Add to Calendar
|In need of refreshment? 🍶|
Look back at our previous work
– Webinar: Emergency communications reforms in Romania. Access the recording and materials here.
– Article: Emergency communications in the 21st century.
– 22 February – 5 March: Next Generation 112 Plugtests 2021 (virtual event). All stakeholders with a stake in improving global access to emergency services came together in this first intercontinental interoperability testing event: a collaboration between EENA, ETSI and NENA.
Latest hot news & events in the sector
Blog post: How can civilians be involved in disaster management efforts in my city? The H2020 project ENGAGE proposes a path to answer this difficult question. Read the blogpost here.
25 February: “Smart Talk Sessions: Govtech”. Our Public Affairs Manager, Benoit Vivier, was a speaker at this event and discussed the future challenges & opportunities that emergency services face. Watch the webinar here.
1 March: World Civil Defence Day 2021
11 March: European Remembrance Day for Victims of Terrorism
17 March: Join the open conference call to hear about the 4th NG112 Emergency Communications Plugtests results as well as short presentations about NG112 and NG 9-1-1 implementations. More info here.
Until 5 April: Nominations for the fourth annual APD Control Room Awards are now open. Celebrate your #CONTROLROOMHEORES. More information here.
Spill the beans…
Beethoven was such a coffee lover that he’d count 60 beans per cup before making his brew.
Try this trick with your next coffee and maybe you’ll be able to play Für Elise .🎶
If you would like to receive this newsletter, please send an email to [email protected]