Presented on: 06 April 2021, 15:00 CEST
Emergency services operate very differently across continents. Even within the same country, there can be differences in the structure, technologies and procedures of each organisation. Facing a variety of challenges, emergency response requires continuous adaptation and improvements.
In this ever-changing context, EENA has decided to launch a new series of webinars that will focus on emergency communications reforms in European countries. From February to June, emergency services will share their experience and plans with the EENA community.
In April, officials from the Directorate “National 112 System”, Ministry of the Interior in Bulgaria, presented their experience and plans with the EENA community.
What did we learn?
- How 112 works in Bulgaria and its emergency calls handling model;
- PSAPs average daily load;
- Model of the unified information and communication platform;
- Improvements and technological reforms of the national 112 system structure incl. the reforms in the context of the EU legislation;
- Status of eCall, AML, Transnational Calls and others;
- Accessibility for end-users with disabilities;
- and many others…