The Portuguese people are famous for taking coffee breaks. In the morning, in the afternoon or at the end of the day. There are no rules
Just between us, many times the expression “let’s have a coffee” is an excuse for us to pause and chitchat.
This is the objective of this newsletter: a triweekly energy boost on EENA’s updates and a recap of what happened in our community for you to read over a coffee.
Too much caffeine? Another ice cube? Let us know your thoughts at [email protected]
Organic coffee ☕️
EENA’s latest work (homemade in our Belgian office)
– Press Release: Abu Dhabi Police renews Certificate of Quality Standard
– Webinar on Matching emergency communication with the AML data (provided by SMS and HTTPS). Recording and materials available soon here
– Press Release: The majority of EU countries are still not complying with the EECC
– Blogpost: 8 recommendations to get the most out of Public Warning Systems
– Update: New edition of the Public Safety Industry Directory is now available!
– Blogpost: How the Brussels Brigade is promoting mental health at work
To be served soon 🍽️
Upcoming EENA activities
– 19 July (15:00-16:30 CEST): Webinar on Findings of the ‘Galileo for AEDs’ project. More information coming soon.
– August: Silly season break approaching for our team. During summer, the EENA office will be working with a reduced number of staff.
In need of refreshment? 🍶
Look back at our previous work
– Case study Document: Migration to 112 in the Lombardy region, Italy
– Press Release: #EENA2022 materials (presentations, sessions’ recording and photos) are available now!
– Document: Emergency communications from Third-Party Service Providers (TPSP)
Latest hot news & events in the sector
During this period, the media often focus on trivial stories. To honour the season, we have some dates for you:
17 July: World Emoji Day 🌞
1 August: National Raspberry Cream Pie Day
5 August: Underwear Day
25 August: National Banana Split Day
27 – 31 August: Tomatina Festival. Register here if you want to get involved in a tomato fight.
Coffee facts ☕
Don’t keep calm. The silly season is here!
Crime usually increases during this season, so we want you to be on the lookout.
However, don’t worry about caffeine. Silly season? Nah, still coffee season.