The Portuguese people are famous for taking coffee breaks. In the morning, in the afternoon or at the end of the day. There are no rules.
Just between us, many times the expression “let’s have a coffee” is an excuse for us to pause and chitchat.
This is the objective of this newsletter: a triweekly energy boost on EENA’s updates and a recap of what happened in our community for you to read over a coffee.
Too much caffeine? One more spoon of sugar?Let us know your thoughts at [email protected]
Organic coffee ☕️
EENA’s latest work (homemade in our Belgian office)
– Call for abstracts: #EENA2021: Call for abstracts now open!
– Blog post: Critical Communications: Today and Tomorrow.
– Event: ‘NG112: From theory to reality’ virtual event – The full programme is out!
– Webinar on emergency communications reforms in Bulgaria. Access the recording and materials here.
To be served soon 🍽️
Upcoming EENA activities
– Blog post: EENA meets Italian firefighter Federico Brizio.
– Document: Emergency Services Accessibility for Persons with Disabilities – 2021 update
Limited communications options can leave persons with disabilities in particularly dangerous situations in times of emergency. Our updated document aims to provide comprehensive information for countries to ensure that emergency communications are accessible to all citizens.
– Document: Emergency callers’ Location in NG112 – end to end approach
The NG112 architecture standardises the way location information is transported, the way it is formatted and how it can be retrieved during the emergency communication. This document will provide an overview of multiple scenarios using different end user devices.
– 4 May (15.00 CEST): Webinar on emergency communications reforms in France. Add to Calendar
– 18 May (15.00 CEST): Webinar on emergency communications reforms in the Netherlands. Add to Calendar
In need of refreshment? 🍶
Look back at our previous work
– Press Release: Results from the NG112 Plugtests 2021
– EENA’s Governing Board: Kaili Tamm and Emily Hough have been appointed Members of EENA’s Governing Board
– EENA’s Blog: AI: emergency services’ best sidekick?
– Press Release: NG112: From theory to reality’ virtual event – Draft programme and registration available
Latest hot news & events in the sector
27 April: Join the launch of the City’s Assessment for Mass Casualty Emergency Response (CAMERA) tool, developed by John Hopkins University with the support of the ICRC. Register for this event here.
28 April: World Day for Safety and Health at Work. More information about this event by ILO here.
4 May: International Drone Day.
5 & 6 May: Virtual Conference by the Active Citizenship Network (ACN). “The role of civic society and Patients Advocacy Groups for more resilient Health Care Systems. Lessons learned toward a European Health Union”. To join this conference, please register here.
Finland is said to be the country that consumes the most coffee in the world.
Some Finns admit to drinking 30 cups of coffee a day. Finnish friends, do not worry, we will have a lot of coffee at #EENA2021.
We know that not having coffee is one of your worst nightmares.
Link: https://mailchi.mp/eena/coffee-break-newsletter-336649 If you would like to receive this newsletter, please send an email to [email protected]